Turner, Coombs & Malone PLLC
Louisville Law since 1972
Free Legal Consultation
Is a Testament Of Success
Is a Testament Of Success
We are Turner, Coombs & Malone, PLLC, a Louisville law firm that has existed in one form or another since the early ’70s. Our youngest partner has 30 years of experience. We care about the cases we take on, and we know how to fight for the best possible outcome. In short, we know what we are doing, and it shows. Conveniently located in downtown Louisville half a block away from the courthouse, we are well-positioned to give our full attention and expertise to the legal challenges you face. If you are looking for attorneys in Louisville, check out our firm, TCM Legal.
Ready to take on
your legal matter
Our attorneys in Louisville specialize in various fields, ensuring that we can meet your specific legal requirements. If you’ve been involved in an accident and suffered personal injuries, are currently experiencing a divorce, require assistance with estate planning, or find yourself in a contract dispute, rest assured that we have experienced lawyers who have successfully dealt with cases similar to yours. Our services extend throughout Kentucky, covering the entire state, and we have even represented clients from Indiana who were located 50 to 100 miles away.
Ready to take on
your legal matter
Select a Practice Area below to find more information
Choosing the right defense attorney in Louisville, KY, is a crucial decision that can greatly impact the outcome of your legal case. To ensure you make the best choice, here are some important steps to follow:
Research and Compile a List: Start by conducting thorough research to identify potential defense attorneys in Louisville. You can use online directories, ask for recommendations from friends or family, or consult with local bar associations for referrals.
Check Qualifications and Experience: Once you have a list of potential attorneys, delve into their qualifications and experience. Look for attorneys who specialize in the type of case you’re facing, such as DUI, drug offenses, or white-collar crimes. Check their educational background, years in practice, and any relevant certifications or awards.
Schedule Consultations: Narrow down your list to a few attorneys who seem promising and schedule initial consultations. Most attorneys offer free or low-cost consultations. Use this opportunity to discuss your case, ask questions, and evaluate the attorney’s communication skills and willingness to listen.
Assess Communication: Effective communication is crucial in legal matters. Ensure that the attorney is responsive to your inquiries and can explain complex legal concepts in a way you can understand. You should feel comfortable discussing your case openly with them.
Consider Fees and Billing: Discuss the attorney’s fees and billing structure during your consultation. Make sure you understand how they charge for their services, whether it’s a flat fee, hourly rate, or contingency fee. Be clear about what services are covered and any additional costs.
Check for Conflict of Interest: Confirm that the attorney does not have any conflicts of interest that could compromise their ability to represent you effectively. They should be able to provide an unbiased representation of your case.
Ask About Success Rates: Inquire about the attorney’s success rate in handling cases similar to yours. While past results cannot guarantee future outcomes, a lawyer with a history of favorable results may be more effective in your case.
Trust Your Instincts: Ultimately, trust your instincts and choose an attorney with whom you feel comfortable and confident. Your attorney will be your advocate, so it’s important to have a positive working relationship.
Review the Agreement: Before signing any agreement, carefully review the terms and conditions. Ensure that the agreement accurately reflects the terms discussed during your consultation and that you are comfortable with the terms.
Remember that finding the right defense attorney may take some time and effort, but it’s a critical step in protecting your rights and achieving the best possible outcome in your legal matter. Don’t rush the decision, and seek legal representation that you believe will serve your interests well.
At Turner, Coombs & Malone PLLC, we take pride in our diverse practice areas, offering comprehensive legal services to meet the varied needs of our clients. Here are the primary practice areas our law firm has handled:
1. Civil Litigation: Our experienced attorneys have successfully represented clients in civil litigation matters, including contract disputes, employment disputes, property disputes, and more. We are committed to advocating for our clients’ rights and interests in the courtroom.
2. Criminal Law: Our criminal defense team is skilled in handling a wide range of criminal cases, from minor misdemeanors to serious felonies. We provide dedicated legal representation to protect the rights and freedoms of those facing criminal charges.
3. Family Law: Our family law attorneys have extensive experience in matters such as divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support, and property division. We understand the emotional and legal complexities of family law cases and strive to achieve favorable outcomes for our clients.
4. Personal Injury: If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to the negligence of others, our personal injury lawyers can help you pursue compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We handle cases involving auto accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, and more.
5. Business Law: Our business law practice assists entrepreneurs, small businesses, and corporations in various legal matters, including contract drafting and negotiation, business formation, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial litigation. We are dedicated to helping businesses thrive within a legal framework.
6. Estate Planning and Wills: Our estate planning attorneys work closely with clients to create comprehensive estate plans tailored to their unique circumstances. We assist with drafting wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and healthcare directives to protect your assets and ensure your wishes are honored.
At Turner, Coombs & Malone PLLC, our commitment to excellence and our dedication to our clients set us apart. Regardless of your legal needs, you can trust our experienced team to provide effective and personalized legal representation. If you have a specific legal matter or require assistance in any of these practice areas, please don’t hesitate to contact us for a consultation. We are here to serve you and provide the legal guidance you need to navigate your legal challenges successfully.
Every legal matter is unique, and the statutes of limitations (the timeframes within which you can file a lawsuit) can vary widely depending on the type of case and your jurisdiction. It is crucial to understand that there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. To determine the specific timeframe for your potential lawsuit, we strongly recommend that you consult with an attorney at our firm today.
Failing to file a lawsuit within the applicable statute of limitations can result in the loss of your legal rights and the ability to seek compensation or relief for your case. Therefore, it is in your best interest to take prompt action and speak with an attorney who can assess the details of your situation, identify the relevant deadlines, and provide you with informed legal advice.
At TCM Legal, our experienced attorneys are well-versed in the complexities of statutes of limitations across various practice areas, including civil litigation, personal injury, family law, and more. We are here to guide you through the legal process, ensuring that you do not miss any critical deadlines and helping you make informed decisions about pursuing legal action.
Don’t delay—contact us today to discuss your case and the specific time constraints that may apply. We are committed to providing you with the legal assistance you need to protect your rights and interests.
Determining the value of a legal claim involves a comprehensive assessment of numerous factors, including the type of case, the extent of damages, liability, and the specific circumstances surrounding your situation. At Turner, Coombs & Malone PLLC, we understand that each case is unique, and there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question.
We have successfully handled cases ranging from those involving substantial sums in complex litigation to smaller claims in small claims court. To accurately assess the potential value of your claim, we encourage you to take advantage of our free consultation.
During your consultation, one of our experienced attorneys will review the details of your case, gather relevant information, and provide you with a clearer understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of your claim. Additionally, we can discuss the potential damages you may be entitled to seek.
It’s important to remember that the value of a claim can evolve as the legal process unfolds, new evidence emerges, and negotiations or litigation progress. By consulting with our dedicated legal team, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and guidance needed to make informed decisions about your case.
To get started, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us and schedule your free consultation. We are committed to helping you understand the potential worth of your claim and working tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for your legal matter.
A retainer fee is a payment made to an attorney or law firm to secure their legal services in advance of actual legal work being performed. It serves as a down payment or deposit against future legal services. Retainer fees are common in various areas of law, and they are used to establish a working relationship between the attorney and the client.
Here’s how a retainer fee typically works:
Engagement Agreement: When you hire an attorney, you will usually enter into an engagement agreement or contract that outlines the terms and conditions of the attorney-client relationship, including the payment structure.
Retainer Amount: The engagement agreement will specify the amount of the retainer fee, which can vary based on the complexity of the legal matter, the attorney’s hourly rate, and other factors.
Deposit: You provide the agreed-upon retainer fee to the attorney or law firm. This fee is held in a special trust account separate from the attorney’s operating account.
Billing: As the attorney works on your case, they bill their time and expenses against the retainer fee. For example, if the attorney charges an hourly rate, they deduct their fees for the hours worked from the retainer balance.
Replenishing the Retainer: Once the retainer balance decreases to a certain level, you may be required to replenish it to ensure there are sufficient funds to cover ongoing legal services.
Refund or Final Bill: Depending on the outcome of your case and the total fees incurred, you may receive a refund of any remaining balance in your retainer account, or you may be billed for any additional fees beyond the initial retainer amount.
It’s important to note that a retainer fee is not the same as the total cost of legal services. It is essentially a prepayment to secure the attorney’s availability and expertise. Legal fees can vary widely depending on the nature and complexity of your case, so it’s essential to discuss the fee structure and payment terms with your attorney before retaining their services.
At Turner, Coombs & Malone PLLC, we believe in transparency when it comes to legal fees and retainer arrangements. During your initial consultation, we will explain our fee structure, including any retainer requirements, so you have a clear understanding of the financial aspects of your legal representation. We are committed to providing you with exceptional legal services while ensuring that you are fully informed about the costs involved.
At Turner, Coombs & Malone PLLC, we take pride in our extensive and unparalleled experience in the legal field. Our firm has a rich history dating back to 1972, which means we have accumulated over 50 years of valuable experience serving clients in various legal matters. Our commitment to excellence and dedication to our clients have remained unwavering throughout the decades.
Our team of seasoned attorneys boasts a wealth of legal knowledge and expertise. Even our youngest partner brings an impressive 30 years of experience to the table. This level of experience is a testament to our dedication to providing our clients with the highest quality legal representation.
Throughout our long and storied history, we have successfully handled countless cases across a wide range of practice areas, including civil litigation, criminal law, family law, personal injury, business law, estate planning, and more. Our track record of achievements and satisfied clients underscores our ability to deliver exceptional results.
We are not only proud of our past accomplishments but also excited about the future and the opportunity to work with you. No matter the complexity of your legal issue, you can trust that our experienced team will bring their knowledge and skills to bear on your behalf, working tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
When you choose TCM Legal, you are choosing a legacy of legal excellence, a commitment to client satisfaction, and the assurance that you are in capable hands. We look forward to the opportunity to put our decades of experience to work for you and provide you with the exceptional legal representation you deserve.
The legal process can vary significantly depending on the type of case and its unique circumstances. While every case is indeed distinct, there are some consistent steps that often occur in the legal journey. Here is a general overview of the typical legal process:
1. Initial Consultation: The legal process usually begins with an initial consultation with an attorney. During this meeting, you’ll discuss your situation, goals, and any relevant details. This consultation is an opportunity for both you and the attorney to evaluate whether you want to work together.
2. Attorney-Client Relationship: If you decide to move forward, you’ll enter into an attorney-client relationship. You’ll likely sign an engagement agreement that outlines the terms of the representation, including legal fees and the scope of services.
3. Investigation and Research: Your attorney will conduct a thorough investigation of your case, gather evidence, and research relevant laws and regulations. This step is crucial for building a strong legal strategy.
4. Legal Strategy: Based on the information gathered, your attorney will develop a legal strategy tailored to your specific case. This strategy may involve negotiation, mediation, or litigation, depending on the nature of your legal matter.
5. Document Preparation: If applicable, your attorney will prepare legal documents, contracts, pleadings, or other necessary paperwork to advance your case.
6. Negotiation: In many cases, negotiations between parties can lead to a resolution without going to court. Your attorney will represent your interests during these negotiations and work to reach a favorable settlement.
7. Court Proceedings: If a settlement cannot be reached or if court action is necessary, your case will proceed to litigation. Your attorney will represent you in court, presenting evidence, making legal arguments, and advocating for your rights.
8. Resolution: Depending on the nature of your case, it may be resolved through a court judgment, a settlement agreement, or other legal means. Once resolved, your attorney will ensure that all necessary paperwork and obligations are fulfilled.
9. Post-Resolution Matters: After your case is resolved, there may be post-resolution matters to address, such as appeals, enforcement of judgments, or compliance with settlement agreements.
It’s essential to remember that each case is unique, and the legal process can adapt to fit the specific needs and goals of your situation. At TCM Legal, we are here to guide you through this process, provide legal advice, and work diligently to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
We invite you to take advantage of our free initial consultation to discuss your legal matter. During this consultation, we can assess your case’s specifics and provide you with a clearer understanding of the steps involved in pursuing your legal goals. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and get started on the path to effective legal representation.
Our site is powered by DigitalFootprint.marketing